Name of the qualification and respective title:
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Programme Computing and Informatics
Main field of study: Computing and Informatics
Study cycle: First study cycle
Official length of programme: Six semesters/three years
Admission requirements: Completed four-year high school and passed entrance test in Mathematics
Mode of study: Full-time
Language of instruction and examinations: Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
Accreditation: ASIIN, ASIIN, Euro-Inf®
Educational Objectives of the programme
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Informatics is:
- Having a fundamental knowledge of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, electronics, programming, computer algorithms, computer architecture and operating systems needed to electrical engineers with a focus on applications in the field of Computing and Informatics
- Having a broad education in the field of computer science and software engineering with an insight into current issues in the above areas, which enables him to identify and solve engineering problems of Computing and Informatics
- Possess the skills necessary to work as an engineer in the area of Computing and Informatics to analyze, design, implement and maintain hardware and software of computer systems for various purposes
- Having knowledge, skills and competences to continue education and for a lifelong learning Having appropriate communication skills, ready for team work with professionals from the same or other fields, being engineer responsible towards his profession and society at large.
- The first cycle graduate student has the following knowledge, skills and competences:
- Basic knowledge in mathematics, physics and electrical engineering, as well as a deeper knowledge and understanding in the field of computer science
- Ability to analyze, identify and define the requirements for the problems in the field of computer science and software engineering
- The ability to design, implement and evaluate computerbased processes and components, including programming necessary solutions
- Insight into the connection between computer science and electrical engineering with other engineering disciplines, as well as mathematics and physics
- Good knowledge of the following areas of computer science and software engineering: discrete structures, programming and programming languages computer algorithms and data structures, software engineering, computer architecture and computer networks, operating systems, computer graphics, intelligent systems, information systems
- The ability to select and apply appropriate engineering principles and mathematical and computational methods to problems in the field of Computing and Informatics
- The ability to identify, analyze and present problems in the field of computer science and software engineering without being exposed to them during study.
- The ability of solving given problems using acquire engineering knowledge, general knowledge in mathematics, physics and computer science, as well as specialist knowledge in field of computer science and informatics, using adequate literature and documentation search.
- Design and conduct experiments, drawing conclusions and testing hypothesis, in the area of computer science and software engineering,
- Ability to analyze, design and implement computer system components (programs, databases, hardware subsystems, etc.) using appropriate methods and techniques taking into account the scientific, technical, social, environmental and economic conditions and standards
- Knowledge of standards and understanding the influence that computer systems, their operation and maintenance, have on their environment.
- Understanding the needs and achievement to follow up the development of computer systems and to learn new principles, techniques and technologies in all above mentioned areas
- Ability to work in various professional fields due to achieved general, specialist and methodology competences.
- Communicating with colleagues and public about issues related to all areas of the Computing and Informatics.
- Individual and team work, starting and implementing projects
- To answer to industry and academia requests during professional engagement.
Programme syllabus with course descriptions:
- To download Programme syllabus with course descriptions click here.